Aimee Said,
June 6th, 2007 @8:49 am

I noticed that! Very weird…

Sofcore Said,
June 6th, 2007 @12:25 pm

I have seen those comments before, and I am also baffled by them.

Could it be a newbie spammer who just hasn’t gotten “it” right yet?

Regards,

Michael Said,
June 7th, 2007 @3:41 pm

Yes this is very curious.I don’t think is a newbie spammer.Maybe someone will enlight us.I would like to find out why is spamming without a link.
Cheers,

Jason Said,
June 7th, 2007 @9:38 pm

I just checked the spam filter again, and there are 10 more of these weird comments on the same post. Any ideas about this one anyone?

June 16th, 2007 @7:16 am

Yes, I have the same thing happen. I figure somehow the posts get into some database and then are spammed like crazy.

I believe the best explanation for the no link spam (without any obvious explanation) is that the spammers are trying to confuse the spam filters. The spam filters (Akismet etc.) use bayesian statistics which looks for common patterns in the spam. By creating spam that is not like real spam it might confuse the filters. Akismet doesn’t seem to have much problem with it though (maybe because Akismet also looks at thing like where the spam is coming from – what servers…).

October 28th, 2007 @4:27 am

Well these things happen with sites. I have numerous blogs and sites and i was in a dilemma whether to allow links with keywords or not. I decided to allow it. Because my traffic stays high that way and i spose it is only right to reward someone for taking time out and commenting on your site/blog.

Rami

RickNHS Said,
November 6th, 2007 @4:39 pm

As I’m sure you are well aware.. the problem with do-follow blogs are the spammers. Personally I think that the do-follow movement is great for getting traffic and readers, but at the very least commenters should read the blog!

November 24th, 2007 @6:25 am

maybe some newbie testing its new spamming bot 😀