Easy Cheap Recipes: Pizza Bagels – Easy to Make and Tasty
I’m self employed, which means that I don’t always have a steady paycheck coming in. I’m also very picky about my food. If it doesn’t taste good, I will not eat it…I don’t care how much money I’m saving. That means that I need meals that taste good even though they don’t cost a lot of money.
Pizza bagels are tasty treats that I remembered having as a kid and have recently rediscovered. They are great because they taste just as good (if not better) as store-bought pizza. They’re inexpensive and super easy to make. These would be great for an inexpensive family meal or a snack to serve at a party.
Easy Cheap Recipe: Pizza Bagel Ingredients:
- Topping of choice (I used green pepper)
- 1 can of pizza sauce (cost me .87 cents)
- A bag of bagels (cost me about $2)
- Grated mozzarella cheese (around $4 but will cover a lot of pizza bagels)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius), put the bagel halves onto a baking sheet, smear them with pizza sauce, sprinkle some mozzerella cheese on them and add your chosen topping(s) on top of the cheese. Then place the bagels in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly brown. Take them out, let cool for a minute and serve!
Waalaa! Pizza bagels! I just had 3 bagel halves which was enough to fill me up. I figure my meal cost me about $1.50 all together and I still have a lot left in my kitchen, which should last me a while.
Try it out and let us know if you love them as much as I do.
More on Bagels…
- Brown-Bag Lunches and Snacks for Work or School (webmd.com)
- How do I bake a dense, chewy bagel? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Homemade Bagels (goclimbastreet.wordpress.com)
- Family Recipe Friday: Passover Bagels (aquamarinesteph.wordpress.com)