1. Do not buy anything on credit that I don’t have the cast for. I only use my credit card for health care costs like the dentist. I will pay with the card, then pay off the card once my insurance company sends me a cheque. I also use it for gas/coffee if I forget any other forms of payment. I will not use it to buy a new tv or anything like that.
2. No new credit cards. I have one mastercard. I will not be getting any more no matter how tempting. Store credit cards are evil and a new stereo or big screen tv is not worth going into debt for.
3. No credit increases. My credit card had a limit of $1000. That might seem small, but it keeps me from making a silly purchase and I have never been in an emergency where I needed more that that right away.
4. Keep being frugal! I am still always going to buy on sale, and look for the best deal or way to save money.
5. Generate more income. I am going to find a part time thing to do to generate a little more income this year.
6. Post more often. This last one might not fit into this category, but it is something I really want to focus on this year. I really like writing for this blog, hopefully I can keep up a nice pace this year.
So what about you? Have any new years resolutions to help all of us save or earn more money this year?