October 14th, 2007 @5:09 pm

Good plan. That is essentially what I did – bought my first house then bought another and started renting out the first one. It has worked very well.

October 16th, 2007 @12:02 am

I wonder if now is the right time to buy though… prices are still dropping in most of the country.

Aimee Said,
October 16th, 2007 @12:37 am

Hi Man O’ Mystery,

Actually prices in Canada are pretty stable at the moment.

October 19th, 2007 @7:19 pm

congratz on your new house. It’s good that you have a 5 year plan too but I wouldn’t stress it too much…life throws curve balls at you. Those houses outside the city do sound like a great deal if the commute isn’t bad…heck people do it from where I live (NJ) to NY all the time.

October 21st, 2007 @12:52 am

Its good you are starting to pay attention to your finances at a relatively young age. Alot of people ignore savings until they hit their mid 40s

Aimee Said,
October 21st, 2007 @10:08 pm

Yeah I know I’m starting fairly young but if only someone had taught me about money when I was younger.

My kids will definitely learn the value of making a dollar double.

October 23rd, 2007 @4:14 pm

I am trying to build my savings but there is always something that comes out of no where and hits the account. Because of this I’m afraid to put money into an account I can’t touch. Blah.

Nik Said,
October 29th, 2007 @2:33 am

Hey, this a very good idea for making money. I wish i could earn some too.

November 9th, 2007 @9:59 am

Everyone should think about his future. After reading your article, I have thought about my future. Thanks for giving me realization.

November 10th, 2007 @2:39 am

It is really interesting. You have made a very good idea. it is obvious that everyone should save money for the future.Thanks for sharing.

November 27th, 2007 @10:16 pm

That is a great plan with excellent goals. I need to plan better myself. Thanks for the motivation!

September 24th, 2008 @2:18 am

Seems like you have made a great plan for yourself. I think that making financial plans is something that I’m not really good at it and it is for good reason too.

I think that it makes me too miserly too. That is one of the main reason actually.

September 29th, 2008 @3:01 pm

I think plans at this age is something that can save your neck, because every second there is something falling around you and there should be some plan by you to hold on.