Aimee Said,
February 27th, 2008 @2:55 pm

Great advice!

I remember my parents used to be really stingy with their financial information. If they got a lump some of money it would be a big secret from us kids. It was as if they thought we were going to rob them in their sleep if they told us how much money they had.

Kids are just curious, there’s nothing wrong with that.

February 28th, 2008 @3:43 am

nice article, i would suggest to parents that start explaining about finance matters once their child get mature. It will be batter for them to handle such situation correctly.

brackets Said,
February 29th, 2008 @11:10 am

This is so true! I grew up with parents who worked hard teaching me the value of a dollar and how to plan and budget my finances. My best friend on the other hand was the total opposite.
Now that we are adults I am doing fairly well, including investing for the future and I already have my daughter’s college fund ready. All without a husband. While she and her husband live paycheck to paycheck and borrow money from her parents to pay bills since they spend their other money eating out.
So yes, teach them early, it will keep them out of your pocket book once they are older.

March 1st, 2008 @2:31 am

This is great advice. I always marvel at why there isn’t more talk about how to manage money and take care of finances at a young age. It’s like people are too scared to talk about it. It would help everyone out if we all knew more about money.

March 1st, 2008 @10:30 am

Good advice, kids need to know these things. Parents can always make up the numbers if they don’t want their kid running around stating how rich or poor they are.

March 15th, 2008 @1:18 pm

agreed…. if our kid didn’t value about the meaning of the money.. geee.. they would end up massing their parent in the future… kids should now that money didn’t growth on the tree

December 22nd, 2008 @6:29 am

well i am agreed to some extend. in the start we dont need to tell them how we manager all the things. i am a parent and some time ma boy ask me these type of questions, i love him and love him a lot and do not want to disturb him and i wana give him every thing he asks me. so no need to tell him the story…..

JIngles Said,
January 15th, 2009 @8:50 am

I think we need to tell them every thing.

Pingback & Trackback