February 6th, 2009 @11:15 am

I know of a lot of places that don’t look for identification or require a pin when using a debit card. For the internet, make sure you clear all your private data after using the card online and make sure your spyware / antivirus software is up to date. I’ve had keystroke loggers on my computer before and that is a nasty way to lose money.

Kevinn Said,
February 8th, 2009 @4:24 am

Just be careful with the card fraud. It`s online world, man..

February 9th, 2009 @6:27 pm

Lol, I was laughing when I saw the “please stop using 2424 and 6969”. I know so many people who use pins like that for things. I guess I did not realize how common that is.

February 10th, 2009 @2:00 am

Thanks for the points. I need to spend more time looking at relevant subjects as you suggest. just bareful with the card fraud .thanks

February 10th, 2009 @9:28 am

For the internet, make sure you clear all your private data after using the card online and make sure your spyware / antivirus software is up to date.thanks for the information

February 13th, 2009 @7:58 pm

Debit cards aren’t useless without a pin. They can easily be used as a credit card. I worked at a store where the customers used the card themselves on a debit machine, and when they wanted to use their debit card as a credit card, and sign the slip, they would just hit cancel and a receipt would print out for them to sign. And believe me, the bank doesn’t check the signature to make sure it’s yours. Half of this people just scribble across the line and that suffices as a signature.

I’ve had my card compromised a few times, but money was never taken. The information was stolen, and there was an attempt to use the money, but the bank always contacted me to ask something like, “Someone in India tried to use your card to buy something,” to which I replied, “Well, I’m not in India.”

April 16th, 2009 @7:31 pm

Definitely take out any papers that have your pin… My wife used the last four digits of her social security # as her pin, and she kept her social security card in her wallet. and when her wallet was STOLEN, it wasn’t such a smart idea anymore.

think of something original that means something to only you! thats your best bet!

-Carl

May 9th, 2009 @5:47 pm

Changing your ‘pin’ frequently is a good measure too.

June 10th, 2010 @3:29 am

Ive had experiences like this before… phishing and scams… Ive be had on the paypal scams with updating info… have to be extra careful… I never put my debt or credit cards on any websites which are properly accredited… just use paypal or google checkout.. when using any independent vendors