Sofcore Said,
June 14th, 2007 @12:34 pm

Did you read Kumiko’s (www.cashquests.com) latest post on AGLOCO?

You two seem to think along the same lines… Take a look. It’s worth a read.

Regards,

DM Said,
June 14th, 2007 @5:04 pm

Hahaha, awesome post. I hate it, too. I wrote about it here: http://deafmusician.com/worlds-first-post-without-aglocos-referral-link/

June 15th, 2007 @7:34 am

seems very logical to me if it took 6 months for a toolbar
maybe will take them just 12 months? 😀

Jason Said,
June 15th, 2007 @8:21 am

It’s very possible that they will stall for 12 months as all the users already have very low expectations. Then the company will vanish along with all the cash from advertisers and venture capitalists.

The whole viewbar thing has come and gone. Sites already have enough advertising and it is already contextual most of the time.

And for the sake of argument, what happens if it does really work and advertisiers start using them instead of the site owners to advertise? Website owners no longer get paid, and they are making all the money off our content? I call shenanigans.

Angie Said,
June 15th, 2007 @2:21 pm

I was nervous about the concept from the get-go. This is not a new concept. There have been schemes like it since the mid 90s and they have never worked in the end or lasted long enough to overcome their own weaknesses.

Unfortunately, all it look for this scheme was to get at least one self-proclaimed A-List Blogger to jump on the fictional bandwagon and the lemmings followed. 😉

Jason Said,
June 15th, 2007 @3:12 pm

I agree, and I wonder what will happen to that A-list blogger once this thing crumbles away. Will we see the first virtual lynching of a blogger? Or will they be able to spin it so they look like the biggest victim?

Angie Said,
June 15th, 2007 @3:16 pm

LOL
I’d persoanlly like to see the virtual lynching. Oh, how the mighty have falen and all that. But, I’m sure he will just spin it,…or bury it.

Jason Said,
June 15th, 2007 @3:27 pm

That is possible, but I think there are enough of us loud mouths around to make sure that people did not forget too quickly.

June 17th, 2007 @1:43 pm

This one was a risk, if it proved to work… this “A List” blogger could have had a nice new rev source to add to his arsenal. Unfortunately, AGLOCO will probably fall like AllAdvantage did.